Javier Colon Speaks on The Voice Victory



Even though Javier Colon won The Voice Wednesday night, it still hasn’t completely sunk in yet. The 34-year-old says he's still in disbelief. “I was 100 percent in my mind, I was ready and prepared for Carson to say, ‘The winner of The Voice is Dia Frampton," he tells Celebuzz.  "I was going to be okay with that because I absolutely love Dia ... She is amazing and deserved a win as much as we all did. We all have the same dreams and are trying to succeed in a very hard business." Javier Colon Pic "But in that moment, when he announced my name, it was unexpected. I am very, very thankful to those who voted for me. It was so close." Below are a few excerpts from Celebuzz's talk with Javier: On Adam Levine's reaction off the air: "He was emotional about me and my situation. He genuinely wanted me to win so badly. It wasn’t that he wanted his team to beat the others, it was because he wanted me to succeed." "To see him get emotional meant a lot to me because it reaffirmed the fact that he really cares. We’re going to be friends for a very long time." On Justin Bieber's last-minute support: "Adam had played basketball with Justin at one point and knew his manager Scooter Braun, so they both tweeted out to their millions of followers to vote for me." "Not sure if it was Adam’s connection to Justin or what, but he decided to put his support behind me, and it really meant a lot." On his upcoming album: "I’m hellbent on making sure this album is the real me that I’ve always wanted to have a chance to be, that unfortunately with my last label I wasn’t able to do. I want these songs to move people and that mean something to me - and hopefully mean something to those who listen to the album." "It will have a soulful vibe but it’ll still be more pop than R&B." On his family's response to the win: "I don’t think my daughters fully understand what this means for me and our family, but they were really excited." "After the show, my oldest daughter, who is 3 1/2, ran up to me on the stage to give me a big hug. She said, ‘Daddy, we saw you win on TV!’ It was sweet." [Photo: WENN.com]Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/07/javier-colon-speaks-on-the-voice-victory/Summer Altice Summer Glau Sunny Mabrey

0 comments:

Post a Comment